Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

Favorite. Dinner. Ever. (a.k.a. Mom's Chicken Broccoli Casserole)

Since I was a kid, this has been my favorite dinner.  When I got to request a dinner from my mom, this was it.  It sounds so simple, but there is something about the lemon and the curry powder together that make this so craveable.  I could eat it every day.  It makes enough to last for 2-3 dinners (for two) but I usually eat it for lunch and dinner 'til it's gone (and sometimes cold for breakfast too).  I can't say it's super healthy but it's soooo good.  I also like to make double batches or, like tonight, split it into two and freeze them for future meals.  


I would say it was paid the highest compliment when my hubby told me it was better than his moms :)  


Chicken Broccoli Casserole


Ingredients:

  • 3 Chicken Breasts (on bone) or 2 Boneless, boiled and shredded
  • 1 large bag of frozen broccoli florets
  • 2 cans Campbell's cream of chicken soup
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
  • 1 tbsp. curry powder
  • 1 pkg. stuffing mix (Pepperidge Farms or Stovetop is best)
  • 4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded



Directions:

  • Steam broccoli and place in bottom of 9x13 pan
  • Place chicken on top of broccoli
  • Season with salt and pepper
  • Mix soup, mayo, curry powder and lemon juice 
  • Pour soup mixture over top of chicken and broccoli and spread with spatula
  • Sprinkle cheese on top
  • Top with breadcrumbs (mix first with 1 Tbsp melted butter, opt.)
  • Cover and Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes
  • Remove cover and bake 10-15 minutes until top is brown and sauce is bubbling



No comments:

Post a Comment